Monday, May 4, 2020

Best freelance sites

I wrote this Medium post of wanting to become a digital nomad. There I discussed why the digital nomad lifestyle appealed to me and how I wanted to accomplish this dream of mine.
Wannabe Digital Nomad
The last step in that article was getting selected into Toptal. Mind you, I hadn't applied to Toptal back then and just thought that if I could do it, it would make my dream of becoming a nomad so much more possible.
And I did get selected a few months later.
Months passed and I haven't started nomading yet (for personal reasons). But in this last few months, many people have asked me to share my experiences on applying to Toptal. So here I am with a walkthrough of the same.

Round 0: Applying

To get yourself considered for a freelancer position at Toptal, you will have to submit your profile to them. You can do so by going to their website and using the "APPLY AS A FREELANCER" option.
I would very much appreciate if you use my referral link to do so.

Round 1: Screening call

This is the first step of the screening process. In this round, you will be interview by a recruiter.
It will be more or less like a normal interview, just answer the questions to the best of your abilities.
One thing though, if you are a non-native English speaker, it would be advisable to work on your speaking skills first. That is, be sure that you speak clear and correct English. Practicing English speaking in your daily life for a few days should do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comptia a+ certification jobs

 comptia a+ certification jobs CompTIA A+ Jobs Entry-level A+ certification holders generally have an easier time finding jobs than their un...